ThePhotoStick® Omni Troubleshooting Guide:
Selecting the Root Folder of Your Device
If you're having trouble starting a backup because you keep receiving the message "Please select the root folder of TPS device," please read through the following troubleshooting guide and complete each step as needed.
When ThePhotoStick® Omni app starts a backup, it checks to ensure ThePhotoStick® Omni drive is properly selected so any files backed up by the app are stored on the actual ThePhotoStick® Omni drive. If it is not, you will get the error message “Please select the root folder of TPS device.” and the backup will not proceed.
There Are Two Primary Causes for This Issue:
1. A folder on your phone was selected and not ThePhotoStick® Omni drive.
2. ThePhotoStick® Omni drive is not detected by your phone, so you are unable to select it.
To Avoid This Error Message, Please Ensure That ThePhotoStick Omni Drive Is Properly Selected by Following the Steps Below:
1. Plug in your ThePhotoStick® Omni into your phone using the adapter that came with your ThePhotoStick® Omni drive.
2. Open ThePhotoStick® Omni app and tap “Get Started”.
3. Select your ThePhotoStick® Omni device by tapping the button with the three horizontal bars in the top lefthand corner of your phone’s screen.
*NOTE: If you do not have a button with three horizontal bars like the provided screenshot, please see our troubleshooting guide, “ThePhotoStick® Omni Drive is Not Detected by My Phone” before proceeding to step 4.
4. Select the PHOTOSTICK option in the list that appears. (Note: On some phones and tablets, it may show as a “generic USB device” and not say “PHOTOSTICK”).
*NOTE: If you do not see “PHOTOSTICK” or “generic USB device” like the provided screenshot, please see our troubleshooting guide, “ThePhotoStick® Omni Drive is Not Detected by My Phone” before proceeding to step 5.
5. Tap “Use this Folder” located at the bottom of the screen.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not tap on any folders shown. Only tap the “Use This Folder” button.
6. Tap “Allow” to grant access to ThePhotoStick® Omni USB drive.
*NOTE: Select ALLOW, otherwise the app will not have access to the ThePhotoStick® Omni connected to your mobile device.
After selecting your ThePhotoStick® Omni device, you will see the Backup, View, and Restore screen. It loads, by default, with the “Backup” tab selected and shows the main Backup menu.
7. Tap on one of the Backup buttons to proceed as your ThePhotoStick Omni drive is now properly selected and ready to run a backup.