Prevent Spotlight from Indexing Your ThePhotoStick Device
Spotlight is Mac OS X's indexing and search feature for documents and files on your Mac. This indexing task can take a long time to complete on external USB drives, like your ThePhotoStick. As a result, it can cause issues with ThePhotoStick software launching and running properly.
We highly recommend excluding your ThePhotoStick from the Spotlight search locations. We have found that excluding your ThePhotoStick from Spotlight dramatically increases performance of your ThePhotoStick.
To exclude your ThePhotoStick from Spotlight, please do the following:
- Plug your ThePhotoStick into your Mac
- On your Mac, open "System Preferences" and then click on "Spotlight"
- In the Spotlight settings, click on "Privacy"
- Drag the ThePhotoStick icon on your desktop into the Privacy window
- It should look like the following when done:
- Close the Spotlight settings and launch ThePhotoStick. See here for directions on how to launch ThePhotoStick.
Here is a video on how to exclude ThePhotoStick from Spotlight: